For the garden we will be offering the following. Most are from tissue culture which means that they are disease free! That means rapid growth with potentially huge yields!
- Blueberries - We will have 4-5 varieties, all having big berries with great flavor. That's what we want! (Check out the cultural info on our Variety Spotlight page!)
- Red Raspberries - Fall producing, amazing flavor, easy to grow.
- Black Raspberries - Summer bearing, seedy but flavorful! Amy's favorite!
- Blackberries - 'Chester' is our guy! Robust grower, thornless, lots of berries for weeks!
- Figs - These rapid growing fruit shrubs are border-line hardy here. Track Oscar down and he will give you the scoop on how to succeed - it's not that difficult!
- Rhubarb - The pie plant. A big, coarse plant with large leaves. But only the leaf stalks are used to make great pie.
- Strawberries - We offer the ever-bearing kinds that produce fruit from May until frost.
- Gogi berries - This Chinese oddball grows fast and will bear this year! The small red berries don't excite me, but supposedly they are very good for you.
We will also have some tropical fruits to grace your summer patio:
- Citrus trees of all sorts:
- "Cutie" mandarins
- And more!
- Be sure to read our Variety Spotlight on Growing Citrus "Up North".
- Papayas - Amazing growth rate! Big fruit! Amy & Oscar are not fond of papaya fruit, but the plant is a beautiful tropical addition to the landscape!
- Olive trees - New for 2016! These have been easy to grow and look great! We grow the 'Arbequina' variety which is self-pollinating so it will produce fruit!